Battle River Power Coop Scholarships
Annually, Battle River Power Coop offers up to 5 scholarships of $1,000.00 for dependents of Battle River Power Coop members entering their first year post-secondary study in either a Diploma or Degree Granting Program. Applicant must be a high school graduate of the previous or current school year and applications must be submitted before the second Friday of February each year. For year 2021, the deadline is Friday, February 12, 2021.
In addition to a completed application, the following requirements must be met / included:
- applicant must have completed the requirements for high school graduation
- transcript of the student’s marks for grades 10, 11, and 12
- proof of registration in the program of studies
- a letter of reference from one of the following: school principal, teacher, guidance counselor, apprentice coordinator or designate
- Letter from the applicant stating need for financial assistance, the reason for selecting their program of studies, and a description of the applicant’s community involvement.
Please contact Battle River Power Coop toll-free 1-877-428-3972 to receive an application form or download the Scholarship Application.