Battle River Power Coop Scholarships
One of the ways Battle River Power Coop honours the fifth cooperative principle, education, is by supporting the education of youth in our membership by making available annual sponsorships to the Alberta Community and Co-operative Association (ACCA) Youth Leadership Program and through post-secondary scholarships. Five scholarships of $1000 each are available to dependents of members in good standing who will be entering their first year of post-secondary study in either a diploma or degree-granting program. An applicant must be a high school graduate of the previous or current school year and applications must be submitted before the second Friday of February each year.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
In addition to a completed application, the following requirements must be met/included:
- Be entering their first year of post-secondary study in a diploma or degree-granting program.
- Be a high school graduate of the previous or current calendar year.
- Provide a transcript of marks for grades 10, 11, and 12.
- Proof of registration must be provided as follows:
1. Letter of acceptance and/or confirmation of registration in the program of studies
2. A copy of the tuition payment receipt confirming enrollment.
(Note: The successful scholarship applicant must submit the receipt prior to the cheque being issued.)
- Provide a letter of reference from the school principal, teacher or guidance counselor, enclosed with the application or sent separately.
- Enclose a letter written by the applicant stating the need for financial assistance, the reason for choosing the program of
studies, and a description of the applicant’s community involvement.
Members of Battle River Power Coop who meet these qualifications are invited to download and complete the Scholarship Application and send it to Box 1420, Camrose, AB, T4V 1X3 or email it to email@example.com. The Scholarship Committee of the Board of Directors has the challenging task of selecting five recipients from among the applicants and we assure all candidates that their completed applications will be carefully considered.
One of the highlights of Battle River Power Coop’s Annual General Meeting is the opportunity to meet the scholarship recipients and hear about their accomplishments and goals. Annually, they prove that the youth of our membership has depth, strength, and an amazing array of education or professional goals. We look forward to meeting the 2023 recipients!