For members, Battle River Power Coop is your wire service provider but you do have a choice regarding who supplies your energy and members are not disadvantaged in any way based on their choice.
Battle River Power Coop members have three options:
- You are automatically signed on to the Regulated Rate Option (RRO) for energy. This is not a regulated rate; rather it is a default rate which fluctuates monthly with the market prices.
- You can choose to sign an Energy Contract with Battle River Energy Division*.
- You can check out other options within the retail market by visiting the Utilities Consumer Advocate or calling toll-free in Alberta: 310-4822.
Energy providers registered within the Battle River Power Coop include:
(List effective January 2018)
- Alberta Cooperative Energy
- Alta Gas
- Utility Network & Partners
- Fluent Utilities
- Link Energy
- Spot Power
- Battle River Rural Energy
*To sign up the Battle River Energy Division option, please contact the office at 1-877-428-3972 and have your legal land description, site ID, and personal information available.
All members are free to purchase electricity services from the regulated rate provider or from a retailer of their choice. The delivery of electricity to you is not affected by your choice. If you change who you purchase electricity services from, you will continue receiving electricity from the distribution company in your service area. For a current list of retailers you may choose from, visit www.ucahelps.alberta.ca or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).