Electricity Usage Calculator
Ever wondered how your appliance use adds up? What impact does that old fridge or that new energy-efficient dishwasher have on your electricity bill? Find out with Battle River Power Coop's simple Electricity Calculator!
To use the simple electricity usage calculator:
- Enter the dollar amount of your Battle River Power Coop bill. This step is optional, but will help you estimate how much of your bill can be attributed to each of your appliances.
- Follow the directions for the appliances section, estimating your normal monthly use of each appliance or fixture. Enter only the appliances / lighting fixtures you want to - all are optional fields. However, the more you enter and the more precise your estimates, the more realistic the results at the end.
- Click the Calculate button.
- Below that, you will see each of the appliances you entered, with the estimated cost and percentage of your electricity bill. If you would like to change any or all of the values, go back up and change the value or click Reset to start over.
- If your total is less than 100%, there are likely other appliances not included in the calculator drawing electricity, or you may have underestimated your usage.
- If your total is greater than 100%, you may have overestimated your usage.
- You can print and graph your usage. Click on the Printer Friendly Document button to view the results with graphs for each appliance.
This tool is intended to be an estimate only, designed to assist you in seeing where you can reduce usage and improve energy efficiency in your home. Calculations are based on Battle River Power Coop's Regulated Rate Tariff for residential customers.